Renal stones or Kidney stones are a common phenomenon now. These concentrated deposits of minerals form in the urinary tract which causes intense pain, discomfort, and malaise. Yet, the tiny stones can be administered with medication and be passed out of the body through urine. However, for larger stones, you may require operating them through a surgical process in a kidney stone clinic in Chennai.
There are three types of Kidney stone removal surgeries-
- Shock wave lithotripsy- In this process, ultrasound energy can break the stone, present in the kidney.
- Laser lithotripsy- This process uses the laser beam to destroy the stone present in the kidney.
- Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy- In this process, they remove the stone from the kidney.
Yet, with the advancement of technology, you can now avoid incisions and to treat renal stones more effectively, a novel procedure called RIRS treatment has been initiated. It is termed as a safe and efficient method for the removal of renal stones. But for proficient results, you must choose the best kidney stone treatment hospital in Chennai.
In this process, the doctor uses a camera at the end of the endoscope to get to the bladder through the urethra. The endoscope further moves to the area of urine storage in the kidney and during the process, it identifies the stones. The endoscope then blasts them with a laser.
RIRS Surgery is considered the most successful type of surgery for removing kidney stones. But yes, surgery is a preferred option if the kidney stones are the size of less than 2cm. If the size is more than 2cm, it cannot be successfully treated. Here are some of the advantages of this process:
- This procedure is minimally invasive- which means that there will be no cuts.
- The process is simple. Besides, the entire process is straightforward and fast.
- You don’t have to stay in the hospital for more than one day after the operation.
- The recovery period is fast.
- There will be fewer complications, that too in a rare case.
- There will be minimal or no loss of blood.
- One can treat any type of kidney stone.
- Also, there will be no danger to the renal tissue.
However, there are a few concerns that you must consider. The RIRS procedure is the need for general anesthesia. Yet, there are no significant complications related to anesthesia that must be of concern. Further, some other impacts after the treatment include –
- People can experience a mild fever which can last for one or a few days.
- Some might have flank pain along with urinary disease. Therefore, you need to have intense urinary maintenance.
- Few people may experience sepsis.
- In the rarest of cases, you may experience injury to the kidneys.
Are kidney Stones left after the surgery?
As an essential question – will there be any stones left after this process? No! There won’t be any kidney stones left after the RIRS procedure is done from an efficient laser kidney stone clinic Chennai Tamil Nadu. Such clinics provide efficient and feasible kidney stone treatment Chennai for renal stones with high achievement rates and lesser difficulties.